About Good Noise
The voices, powerful; the music, full of joy.
Since 2004, the mighty sound of the 90-voice Good Noise Vancouver Gospel Choir has connected the passion and power of gospel music with music lovers from the Metro Vancouver region and beyond. Joyfully singing great gospel music – from classics to contemporary to influences of Soul Music and R&B – Good Noise has established itself as a must-see and must-hear choir. Repeatedly voted as the #1 favourite Choral/Opera group in the Vancouver Courier “Stars of Vancouver” Reader’s Choice awards, it is the powerful connection with its audiences that sets Good Noise apart.
“Yesterday was two hours of the purest joy. What a thrill it was to sing along with the choir. And what a wonderful idea to engage the audience in this way. Praise, joy, tears, worship, all in one afternoon!”
(V.A. – Concert Patron)
A Good Noise concert is a unique shared experience in which both choir and audience can sing, smile, dance, and feel the music deeply and passionately. It is a celebration of the renewed sense of joy and hope that gospel music inspires in singers and listeners alike.
Rich in emotional connection, vibrant singing, and joyous music, Good Noise is a diverse auditioned choir known for its high calibre performances. Artistic Director Gail Suderman uses her extensive knowledge of the voice and standard of musical excellence to generate a level of singing and performing that garners admiration from audiences and music professionals alike.
“It is immediately evident that this group is vocally versatile, impeccably practiced and highly polished… these are highly talented people coming together to sing inspirational music and loving every minute of it!”
(Concert Review, A. Neufeld – My Van City)
Feature Performances and Awards
- Live on stage with Barbra Streisand, David Foster, Josh Groban, Holly Cole, Jim Byrnes, Daniel Lapp, Dee Daniels, John Lee Sanders, Dawn Pemberton, Warren Dean Flandez, Maureen Washington
- Appearances on CBC TV, CBC Radio, Global TV, CityTV, Bravo, Knowledge Network and Vision TV.
- Live nationally televised concert for the series “Gospel To Go” for Vision TV
- Nationally televised performance “Tell It On The Mountain” for Bravo network
- Festival performances at TD Vancouver International Jazz Festival, Vancouver Folk Festival, Envision Jazz Festival, Wintersong Festival
- Vancouver Courier “Stars of Vancouver” Readers Choice Awards: Voted #1 Favourite Choir/Opera Group (Multiple years)
- Christmas CD “Glory To The Newborn King” nominated for Canadian Gospel Music “Covenant Award”
- CD “Shine The Light” nominated for Canadian Gospel Music “Covenant Award”